Monday, November 1, 2010

Lau'au's Taco Shop













1335 North Broadway Street
Boulder.

Andrew gives La'au's Taco Shop 5 chews out of 5.

I'm not even sure how to pronounce the name of this place correctly, but I'll write about it anyway.

So I was walking past Lau'au's (yes, we're on a first name basis), and the pure aesthetic of it pulled me in and forced me to take money out of my pocket just to try it.  The psychological robbery was worth it.  Plus once I got inside, I found out they have $1 PBRs. Awesome.

It seems like this place might finally be able to obstruct the stark competition between two Mexican archrivals: the veteran Qdoba and new born Del Taco just down the street, which some students actually believe are, and label "Mexican food."  Maybe Lau'au's can teach them something.

I did not anticipate my honoring of this place with 5 chews at first... Honestly, the first 3 minutes of my experience was a huge let down, but the last part of my experience was as breath-taking as putting a vacuum cleaner on your mouth—very breath taking.

//
First 3 Minutes:
First off, the door was kind of hard to open.  It could have been my own lack of strength, or even possibly the wind outside, but ultimately there was a barrier in between me and my tacos, and I had a lot of frustration associated with that.

Secondly, after I ordered the veggie bowl and paid for it, I was informed that they had run out of the veggie option.

Last Part:
...I was about to demand a refund, but then one of the workers offered to make a replacement, to which i responded, "be creative."  His creativity was extremely well done and I appreciated that, especially because I myself am not the type to always follow the recipe.  But then again, no one pays me to do anything...and I paid for this dish, so I had some high expectations... which to my surprise, were met. Very sufficiently met.
\\

They put what seemed like nearly every ingredient they had in my dish, which was really generous and worked out well, since Mexican food can be eaten in nearly any combination or mixture, and still taste like it was made properly.  Because this restaurant has literally just opened, there weren't that many customers in there during the time I went, which was dinner time.  They definitely deserve more traffic than that, so all I have to say is that if you ever walk by this place and do not stop in to try it, you are an asshole.

2 comments:

  1. Door was hard to open? I'd be embarrassed to admit that statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pinchedahveed: sorry for such a delayed response to your comment, i was stuck opening doors and thus could not get to a computer for the past 7 months.

    it seems obvious from your comment that you would be embarrassed to admit that a door was hard to open. i'm sure that all the doors you have tried to open have never given you any problem, and that even if they did, you probably refused to show any external expression that would suggest such a terrible thing. note that using your entire body to create momentum to help open a door rather than using the traditional method of "arms only," is actually considered cheating. and no one likes cheaters.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online